We collect “Non-Personal Information” and “Personal Information.” Non-Personal Information includes information that cannot be used to personally identify you, such as anonymous usage data, general demographic information we may collect, referring/exit pages and URLs, platform types, preferences you submit and preferences that are generated based on the data you submit and number of clicks. “Personal Information” means data that allows someone to identify or contact you, including, for example, your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, as well as any other non-public information about you that is associated with or linked to any of the foregoing data.Information You Provide to Us
- We may collect Personal Information from you, such as your first and last name, e-mail and mailing address, phone and password when you create an account to log in to our network (“Account”).
- When you purchase any products or services on our Site we and /or our payment processor will collect all information necessary to complete the transaction, including your name, credit card information and billing information.
- We retain information on your behalf, such as files and messages that you store using your Account.
- If you provide us feedback or contact us via e-mail, we will collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content included in the e-mail, in order to send you a reply.
- When you participate in one of our surveys, we may collect additional information that you knowingly provide.
- When you post messages on the Services or on a Social Networking Site (“SNS”) where we have a page or presence (collectively “SNS Pages”), the information contained in your posting may be republished on our Site and other users may be able to see them.
- In an effort to improve the quality of the Service, we track information provided to us by your browser or by our software application when you view or use the Service, such as the website you came from (known as the “referring URL”), the type of browser you use, the device from which you connected to the Service, the time and date of access, and other information that does not personally identify you. We track this information using cookies, or small text files which include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to a user’s browser from our servers and are stored on the user’s computer hard drive. Sending a cookie to a user’s browser enables us to collect Non-Personal information about that user and keep a record of the user’s preferences when utilizing our services, both on an individual and aggregate basis.
The Halo and/or Halo+ software imbedded in the Halo Smart Lab device you purchased collects:
- Information input during setup
- Environmental data from the Halo and/or Halo+’s sensors
- Technical information from the device
Information input during setup. When you install Halo and/or Halo+ Software, you’ll be asked for information like your postal or ZIP code as well as where in your home you’re installing it. This information helps to customize your experience by, for example, enabling Halo and/or Halo+ Software to inform you where an event is occurring.
Environmental data from Halo and/or Halo+’s sensors. We collect data from several sensors built into Halo and/or Halo+ device. These sensors collect environmental data such as particulate and carbon monoxide (CO) levels, current temperature, humidity, and barometric pressure in the room. Recording environmental data allows Halo and/or Halo+ to do things like give you warnings and alarms when it detects smoke and CO in your home.
Technical information from the device. In order to improve your experience over time and help troubleshoot any problem you may encounter with Halo and/or Halo+, we record your Halo and/or Halo+ model and serial number, software version, and technical information such as sensor status, Wi-Fi connectivity, all sensor values (including photoelectric, ionization, carbon monoxide, temperature, humidity, battery sensor values) install date, replace date, and battery charge level.
Use of Your Personal Information
In general, Personal Information you submit to us is used either to respond to requests that you make, or to aid us in serving you better. We use your Personal Information in the following ways:
- to facilitate the creation of and secure your Account on our network;
- identify you as a user in our system;
- provide improved administration of our Services;
- provide the Services you request;
- improve the quality of experience when you interact with our Services;
- send you a welcome e-mail to verify ownership of the e-mail address provided when your Account was created;
- send you administrative e-mail notifications, such as security or support and maintenance advisories;
- respond to your inquiries related to employment opportunities or other requests, and
- to send newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials related to our Services and for other marketing purposes.
Use of Non-Personal Information
Disclosure of Your Personal Information
Third Party Service Providers. We may share your Personal Information with third party service providers to: provide you with the Services that we offer you through our Site or Mobile Application; to conduct quality assurance testing; to facilitate creation of Accounts; to provide technical support; and/or to provide other services to the Company.
Links to Third Party Websites
Your Rights Regarding the Use of Your Personal Information
Security of Your Personal Information
We implement security measures designed to protect your information from unauthorized access. Your account is protected by your account password and we urge you to take steps to keep your personal information safe by not disclosing your password and by logging out of your account after each use. We further protect your information from potential security breaches by implementing certain technological security measures. However, these measures do not guarantee that your information will not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed by breach of such firewalls and secure server software. While we use reasonable efforts to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. By using our Service, you acknowledge that you understand and agree to assume these risks.
We use reasonable efforts not to collect, use or disclose personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13. The Services are not targeted at children, and children may not register for any of the Services.
Our Services are hosted in and intended for use in the United States by U.S. residents and in Canada by Canadian residents. If you are visiting from the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use, please note that you are agreeing to the transfer of your personal information to the United States to Halo Smart Labs. By providing your personally identifiable information you consent to any transfer and processing in accordance with this Policy.